Two weeks after a giant explosion killing more than 350 people, the Somali capital has been struck by two bombs in quick succession today.
First a reported explosion was caused by a car bomb driven into a hotel, whilst the second, shortly after, near the former parliament building.
Major Abdullahi Aden told Reuters news agency that militants had stormed the hotel after the explosion. 
“The second car bomb occurred at the ex-parliament house where there were (military) forces,” Nur Mohamed, a police officer, told Reuters. 
Captain Mohamed Hussein reportedly said that gunfire was heard inside the Nasa-Hablod hotel, frequented by politicians close to the presidential palace.
The twitter account ‘Live From Somalia’ @Mogadishu_News tweeted that at least two had been killed with eight others injured.
— Abukar Sheikh (@Aboukar_Sky) October 28, 2017
The attack comes two weeks after a huge blast rocked the city, after which the country’s president declared three days of mourning. It was reported that no groups admitted to carrying out either attack, but the bomb was said to be “military grade” in the blast two weeks ago.
- Also read: